New Jersey’s Infants & Toddlers with Disabilities Need You!!
“To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.”
New Jersey’s Regional Early Intervention Collaboratives are looking for caring, dedicated professionals to work with infants and toddlers with disabilities (birth to three years) and their families. Full and part time positions are available statewide, working on multidisciplinary teams of early childhood professionals with flexible schedules, including nights and weekends.
SNJREIC currently has an opening for Manager of Family Support.
The Manger of Family Support is responsible for educating and supporting families as well as establishing, coordinating and conducting community based outreach for the Southern New Jersey Regional Early Intervention Collaborative (SNJREIC). Work as a member of the SNJREIC team to ensure a family-centered system of early intervention services within the southern region of New Jersey (Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem counties).
• Respond to families’ concerns, complaints and inquiries within the region by negotiating among parties to reach an acceptable solution.
• Represent and provide support for the early intervention system on a regional level, for family interests and needs regarding early intervention services in the seven county areas, including family training, workshops and public awareness events.
• Endorse family-centered principles.
• Ensure that a variety of family supports and resources are available to assist families and to enhance their connections within their communities and empower families in decision-making processes.
• Assist in maintaining the regional website.
• In collaboration with the NJ Department of Health (NJDOH), develop and distribute family friendly communication/materials.
• Driving throughout the southern region and to other parts of the state is required to attend/conduct meetings/trainings.
• Bachelors degree;
• Parent and/or immediate family member of a child with a disability who has participated in early intervention;
• Knowledge of Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA);
• Ability to work as a member of a team;
• Knowledge of computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher);
• Ability to organize, plan and implement activities (child find and outreach);
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and through writing is essential;
• Ability to work with people in a democratic manner and exercise flexibility and creativity;
• Ability to effectively work with a Board of Trustees/Councils, committees and volunteers as deemed appropriate;
• Ability to negotiate and collaborate with diverse organizations, groups and individuals.
Interested candidates should submit electronically a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to our Executive Director, Jennifer F. Buzby, M.Ed., LDTC.
Deadline for submission is August 10, 2018.
For additional information, contact one of the Regional Early Intervention Collaboratives (REICs) below:
Visit us on the web: http://www.njreic.org